This will reset Mac to the factory default version of Mac OS X on the computer, everything else will be removed in the process.
How to Reformat a MacBook
On the other hand if you are setting it up yourself, go ahead and go through the initial setup process, it will be just like it was when the Mac was brand new, requiring setup of the user account and system software, setting up as a clean slate of factory default settings. No personal data will remain on the Mac, no apps, no files, nothing, it is entirely wiped clean of all data and then a fresh factory version of Mac OS X system software has been installed.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. Subscribe to OSXDaily.
- Step-by-step Guide to Reset Mac to Factory Settings - Blog - MacKeeper™.
- How to Wipe Your Mac and Reinstall macOS from Scratch?
- Step Two: Securely Wipe Your Hard Drive (Optional).
- canon ir c2550 mac driver;
- mac house of fraser metro centre phone number.
- rip video from flash player mac?
Follow OSXDaily. Try These Fixes to Troubleshoot.
- How to clean install macOS Catalina;
- peter green fleetwood mac watch out lyrics;
- 4 Reasons Why You Might Want to Reinstall macOS;
News - Beta 1 of iOS If your Mac won't boot in Recovery mode, read this: Mac can't access Recovery mode. A back up: If you are planning to wipe your Mac as part of this process - either because you think that a clean slate might fix issues you are having, or because you are selling the Mac - you will want to back up your important documents first.
- Make Your Mac Feel Like New Again With a Fresh Install of OS X.
- silvana nardone mac and cheese.
- speak to text microsoft word mac.
- canon lbp6000/lbp6018 driver download for mac.
How you do this will depend on whether you want to recover your Mac into the same version of the Mac operating system, or if you were hoping to do a clean install. Read about backing up a Mac here. This shouldn't be an issue as most home Wi-Fi networks do, but if you're on a proxy network or PPPoE then you will have problems.
These will allow you to choose whether to install the latest version of macOS that is compatible with your Mac, or the version of macOS that came with your Mac. If you wanted to revert to an older version of MacOS - and your Mac shipped with that version - you will be able to reinstall it using the latter two choices.
Can’t erase your Mac’s startup disk? Try Internet Recovery as a last resort
Alternatively, read: How to downgrade macOS. To reinstall MacOS using Recovery mode you have to connect to the internet. Follow these steps to connect to the internet in Recovery mode if your Mac hasn't automatically connected:.